This past Saturday, we had the pleasure of going to "Aunt" Robin's lake house. Robin is "Aunt" Pam's sister. Mark and I have now adopted her as our "Aunt" as well; you can't have too many. Now before you see the pictures, let me explain this lake. It is nothing like Lake Norman or any lake I've ever seen before; it is strictly a ski lake. There are 2 lakes (although they are actually connected on one end) that are 1/2 mile in length each. Each lake has 10 houses down one shoreline with one house on the end for a total of 21 houses. In between the two lakes is a peninsula. There is a ski course on each side and you take turns getting to ski. If you want in the rotation, you just put your flag up (order is based on your house number). When it's your turn to ski, you have 2 minutes from the time the previous boat pulls into their dock to when you pull out or else you loose your turn. Once you're out there you have either 15 minutes or 8 runs skiing the course. But the plus side is you get to relax on the dock in the shade in between runs. It was quite enjoyable.
Mark and I each took a turn wakeboarding. Neither of us made it the full 15 minutes but Mark definitely made it longer than me (my arms started to hurt!). Mark got some good jumps in and jumped the wake a few times although I can't prove it with any pictures. He also fell flat on his face one time when he caught the edge of the board when trying to turn his feet and the edge of the board caught...OUCH. I didn't do anything spectacular; just rode back and forth across the wake and turned my feet. Emmett, Robin's husband, skied the course several times before we all decided we were sore enough for one day.
 |
| Mark jumping |
 |
| Weeeeeee |
 |
| Landing his jump |
 |
| Mark doing an ollie |
 |
| I'm pretty sure he landed this one |
 |
| Landing the jump from the previous picture |
 |
| Here I come around the island |
 |
| Going through the buoys that the boat is supposed to drive through while pulling a skier |
 |
| Emmett skiing the course |
 |
| I think I would fall over if I tried to turn like this |
Then we rode Jet Skis for a while...
 |
| Waiting to pull the Jet Ski on the trailer |
Finally we drove 4-wheelers, or as they call them out here, Quads, over to the shooting range at Lakeside. And, I shot a gun. I think it made Mark's day. The only other time I remember shooting a gun was at Indian Princesses with Dad when I was little. I don't remember the details but I haven't shot one since. On Saturday, I shot a pistol and a rifle. And I even hit some of the targets; although not always the ones I was aiming for :)
 |
| Emmett, Mark and our targets |
 |
| While it looks like I know what I'm doing, I do not! I could not line the sites up so I couldn't aim at all with this thing. I liked the pistol better. |
 |
| Pow Pow Pow Pow |
 |
| Our targets |
Anyway, we had a wonderful time on Saturday.
 |
| Enjoying a beer after a day of fun (see the moon reflecting in the water?) |
 |
| One end of the lake where you circle to go back the other way |
No comments:
Post a Comment