You may have already heard but we finally got the keys to our house on Friday afternoon around 3pm. You know what that meant...we were staying here Friday night! That in itself explains why I haven't posted anything about the house yet. I did a video walk through of the house before we moved too much inside so you can see it before we fill it up (haha, yeah right will all our stuff fill this place up!).
Left side of garage (spilled out into driveway in case we had to put the washer, dryer and refrigerator in there because they were being delivered and we didn't have house keys yet)
Right side of garage (also known as the workshop once we get it done)
From across the street
Our goal Friday was to get our bedroom furniture upstairs which meant we had to first move quite a few boxes in order to do that. And we didn't just move them, we moved them to the rooms they belonged in. I think we finally called it a night a little after midnight but we did it. All of our bedroom furniture was upstairs - the bed, dresser, nightstands, armoire and our new sectional (yes, we're trying this out in our bedroom because it's so big) - not to mention quite a few other big items. By bedtime Friday night we had gotten these items in the house too - the big screen that was in our old basement (upstairs), the queen mattress set (upstairs) and the couch, loveseat and recliner(downstairs). Plus we unpacked enough boxes to find sheets and our comforter. And let me tell you, it felt great sleeping in our own bed for the first time in 100+ days but unfortunately we still woke up sore after all the heavy lifting.
We had a couple of appointments early Saturday morning - both ADT and the guys to uncrate our TV were coming between 8 and 10. The TV guys got here at 7:50 (we were still in bed - whoops); they did their thing, got the TV on the wall and left. The ADT lady didn't get here until 8:30 and told us her spiel. Only reason we entertained her was because the seller had ADT and she called us but I seriously doubt we're going with them for security. After that, we ran up to the post office to get new keys to our mailbox but we had to contract a locksmith to do it.
We had been given tickets to the Waste Management Phoenix Open (thanks Robin!!!) so we spent the early part of Saturday there instead of unpacking. Not that I know much about golf, but the weather was great and there was some good people watching to do. We saw Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler who apparently are famous golfers. From what I understand, Mickelson went to ASU (not App State you NCers, Arizona State University).
Not a great picture but this was the crowd following Phil Mickelson around the course
Phil Mickelson walking in front of us at the 15th hole
Rickie Fowler on the 18th hole
Hanging out on the lawn at the 18th hole
Phil Mickelson driving on the green at the 18th hole
When we got back to the house, I started cleaning/organizing the kitchen and Mark made it his goal to get the cars in the garage before bed. Let me tell you, it's a tough job trying to figure out how to organize your kitchen for the first time, especially when you have a gazillion gadgets. And then, my pantry is HUGE, not what I'm used to, and I had a hard time getting it in my head that things don't have to be the way they were in my old house (like the spices don't need to go in the cabinet by the stove, they can go in the pantry). Especially since I have less cabinet space here but more pantry space so I have to set things up differently this time. I'll get it worked out over the new few weeks as I use the kitchen and get a feel for how I want everything.
Our mess of a kitchen
Putting dishes away
Our huge pantry (I have no idea where to start putting things)
This is what happens when a company pays someone to pack your stuff, they wrap TUPPERWARE. If I had done it, that stuff would have just been tossed in a box. At least they didn't wrap our 50 koozies.
Well Mark succeeded, with a little help from me on the big items, we were able to park our cars in the garage and most stuff is out of the garage. I think all that is left is the boxes of tools and the treadmill and foosball table (probably some other things I'm forgetting). After he finished that, he tried to switch out the wall oven to find out it was about 1/4" too tall for the space so we put that on hold until today. Although I did get some good pictures of him crawling in and out of the hole in the cabinets. Then he decided to hook the internet up.
The old oven
Mark working on the wiring
Climbing out of the wall
Still trying to get out of the hole
We finally called it quits around 2am this morning but I thought to take a few pictures. It's still a huge mess in here but we worked on it more today and made some more progress.
Dining Room and Formal Living Room
Extra bedroom downstairs (office/craft room)
What's left in the garage
Our cars are inside!!!
You couldn't see the island when I started because of all the kitchen boxes
The wall of packing materials from unwrapping all the kitchen stuff
Tomorrow is my last day before I start my new job on Tuesday so we'll see what I can get finished tomorrow. After dinner tonight, we'll probably work on the boxes in the bedroom so I'll probably work on the den and/or dinning room tomorrow since a friend from Mark's work came and helped put the top half of the china cabinet on today (thanks Chad!). I can do a lot of lifting but that thing weighs a TON.
No comments:
Post a Comment