Well, kind of. Now I'll be taking a hormone blocking medicine daily (Tamoxifin). Although 10% of people can't absorb it; if the blood work they did yesterday says I'm one of those people, I'll be taking another form of estrogen blocker that does the same thing. The purpose of the hormone blocker is to help reduce the risk of the cancer from coming back. It's my best defense at this point. The way my oncologist described it, he said to imagine that there is the smallest amount of cancer in my body right now (which very well could be zero), but just in case a cell wasn't removed during surgery, Tamoxifin works to block the hormones from fueling that cancer. The hopes are if there is anything left, by it being blocked, it will die off from lack of "food."
![]() |
| The Seippel crew celebrating my completion of treatments! |
Ring this bell
Three times well
The toll to clearly say
My treatments are done
It's course has run
And I am on my way
Besides my skin getting fried and being a bit painful (it's now peeling thankfully), the only other side effect I have had was fatigue. I really only noticed it when I would try and do much of anything besides going to my appointments.
Like I mentioned in my last post, the last 5 treatments were called a boost where they just treated the incision area since that is where they often see cancer come back. I took a few pictures of my "plate" and the contraption that held it in place for you all.
![]() |
| The "plate" for my boost treatments |
![]() |
| Here is the machine with the contraption that held that plate. |



No comments:
Post a Comment