Planned time to leave: 10am; Actual time we left: 11:20am.
And it wasn't my fault. I blame the tires. Or maybe us for not checking the pressure on all 8 tires before the time we were supposed to leave but then that was Mark's responsibility :) After we finished filling up the boat and car this morning, we took some pictures and headed out.
| Loading the boat; we kept too much stuff in NC to fit it all in the car. |
| Getting the cover on the boat |
| Robert & Carolyn (Mark's Parents), Mark & Patti |
| Bill (Patti's Dad), Patti, Mark and Cris (Patti's youngest brother) |
| The back of the car...and no it doesn't matter that we can't see out the back, there is a boat in the way already. |
| View from the front seat. |
So we headed out and I had a few meltdowns as expected but Tres successfully distracted me with a text saying he got a call back to audition to be in the opening ceremony of the Olympics. So everyone keep your fingers crossed; his audition is next Friday. We stopped at Bojangles for lunch since there is no Bojangles in Phoenix. Then, a few miles before we got to the South Carolina border we came to a complete stop. Apparently a tractor trailer crossed the median and down the bank on our side of the highway.
| All the emergency vehicles...too bad I didn't get a picture of all the responders standing at the guard rail looking at the truck. |
| Here you can see where the tractor trailer went through the guard rail on our side of the highway. |
| Welcome to South Carolina |
Best part of the day so far, we got to stop at the Pottery Barn Outlet in Gaffney, SC. Seeing as I was sad and moving across the country, I didn't even have to convince Mark it was a good idea. I got a great deal on a white table runner and some matching cloth napkins I can embroider when I get my machine out of storage. First project, check.
| Welcome to Georgia |
Bentley is being somewhat of a pain in the car. She doesn't want to sit in two spaces we left open for her - on the seat in the back or on her pillows behind that seat. So now, I'm sitting in the back and she has shotgun...but she still keeps wanting to sit in Mark's lap. Oh well. Maybe we'll reconfigure the car in Marietta before we leave and see if she is more comfortable on the next stretch.
| Bentley's Preferred Seat |
| Bentley riding shotgun. |
Tonight we stop in Marietta to stay with Angie, Britt, Ryley and Harper through the weekend. We're scheduled to drive to Vicksburg, MS on Monday.
Current MPG pulling the boat = $9.53 (no worries, we're still in the green)
Phoenix doesn't have Bojangles, but it does have In-n-Out Burger!
ReplyDeleteY'all drive safely, we can't wait to see you when you get here!
2nd project -- some embroidered items for Jackson ;)
ReplyDelete