Well, we did our best to keep Austin weird and had fun doing it. Wednesday morning we got up and headed over to Al and Caryn's house so we could spend some more time with their son, Cody, and Crissie and Ponder's son, Kydan. My cousin Julie was there as well as Aunt Lyn and Uncle Jimmy (who would have rather been doing something else it seems). We were there a good part of the day before Mark, Uncle Jimmy and I headed over to Fry's to browse the electronics. Enjoy some pictures of the boys!
 |
| Kydan East (about 8 months if my math is correct) |
 |
| Kydan crawling - just started crawling around Christmas |
 |
| Finally got a smile from Kydan! |
 |
| Cody Seippel (about 4 months old) |
 |
| Cody reading books |
 |
| I'm fairly certain Caryn was taking a break from work during this picture - Cody is a little stingy with his smiles |
 |
| Sleepy Kydan (and Julie) |
 |
| Kydan petting Cody |
 |
| Tummy time and playing soccer |
 |
| Hanging with Aunt Julie |
We dropped Mark off at Aunt Lyn and Uncle Jimmy's so he could take Bentley for a walk then headed back to pick up Aunt Lyn who was babysitting the babies. We stopped to get steaks and veggies for dinner and Uncle Jimmy grilled out for the whole family...and we finally got to see Ponder.
 |
| Robyn finally got her car inspected!! |
 |
| Al, Caryn & Cody |
 |
| Ponder feeding Kydan |
We crashed early for one because we were tired but also in preparation for our Segway tour on Thursday. We got up for waffles and peppered bacon for breakfast...mmmm delicious! Unfortunately "cedar fever" had hit Aunt Lyn overnight and she didn't feel up for the tour so we traded for her Julie and headed downtown (after picking up some prescription strength medication from the vet for Bentley to help her relax in the car...it's not working).
We had a quick lunch of burgers and fries at Sandy's downtown and then headed over to the Segway tour/rental place. Let me just say that I highly recommend you do a Segway tour if ever given the opportunity BUT do it on a day WARMER than 50 with FREEZING COLD WINDS! After a little training session we left on our tour of downtown Austin. Key takeaway, "when in doubt, stick it out." What does that mean? If you need to stop quickly, simply stick your butt out and it will slow you down fast!
Segway Tutorial...since I'm now an expert. Lean forward to speed up, lean back to slow down. Push handle left to turn left, push right to go right. Easy as pie. And, bend your knees when going over bumps, there are no shocks.
 |
| Uncle Jimmy takes the first Segway |
 |
| Julie testing out her Segway feet |
 |
| When in doubt, stick it out |
 |
| Mark gaining speed |
 |
| Patti & Julie after "training" |
 |
| Texas capitol; ignore the angle, I was trying to balance on the Segway with no hands to take this picture |
 |
| Uncle Jimmy, Mark, Me, Julie in front of the capitol |
 |
| Downtown Austin - view from a bridge |
 |
| Some river and some bridge (I can't remember the story our guide told us...sorry) |
 |
| Julie, Mark & Patti with a painted guitar; apparently Austin is The Live Music Capital of the World |
 |
| 6th Street |
 |
| That building with 3 arched windows is where Crissie and Ponder got married the last time I was in Texas |
 |
| Bar signs on 6th Street |
 |
| Taking a break from the Segways |
 |
| Patti & Mark in the capitol |
 |
| Finally got a picture of me in action on the Segway |
 |
| Here I come! |
I do have a video of Julie, Mark and Uncle Jimmy slaloming around some trees and light poles but I'll have it upload it later when I have better Internet connection (the middle Texas is not the best place to upload large files).
Last night, we went to dinner at Wings and More then headed over to Crissie, Ponder, Kydan and Julie's with Robyn to visit once more after Kydan was in bed.
We headed out early this morning around 7:30 and are cruising along the boring stretch of I-10. We did pass Buchanan Dam and through London, although we seemed to miss seeing Tres. Next stop, Las Cruces, New Mexico.
We were so glad to see y'all! I hope I get a chance to visit soon!
ReplyDelete