Well first off, I decided to take the job that I got an offer for on Friday. As I said, my only concern was the vacation time but I called and talked to Jeff (who will be my boss) and he said he's really flexible and as long as they know in advance, we could work it out. Even after I explained that most of the time off I'd want would require flying across the country or further so they wouldn't just be one day here and there. Let's just hope it really goes like he says it will! I start Tuesday, February 7 so I'll have 5 days to unpack all the boxes that get brought to our house on Wednesday, February 1.
As for my promised pictures from Sedona; I lied. We ended up not going because there was a 30% chance of rain in Sedona and we figured we had plenty of time to get there when there wasn't a chance of rain. Instead, we went to some more consignment shops and fabric stores. And it's a good thing too. We found an awesome deal on a small sectional originally from Room & Board that we're going to put upstairs in our new house...only 1 more week until it's ours (the house that is)!!! It needs a little cleaning but if it doesn't clean up, we still got such a great deal on it that we could probably get it recovered and still not have bought a new one for the same price.
![]() |
| Our new couch! |
On Friday night, Mark tried out for a soccer team (they are serious here!) and he made the cut. He is the only one on the team that doesn't speak two languages and probably the only one that English is the first language but he's glad to be playing. His first game was Sunday at noon so Bentley and I went with him to watch. At the beginning of the game, we went for a short walk in the nearby neighborhood but then hung out on the sidelines in the grass. Bentley enjoyed herself!
![]() |
| Soaking up the sun on the sidelines |
![]() |
| After rolling around in the grass |
Mark keeps bragging about the sunsets here so we tried to get a few pictures off our back patio last night. This is the easement behind our apartment complex and out our back windows where we take Bentley for walks too. Hope everyone has a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment