Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Saturday in Sedona...and still no home

Sorry, I didn't get these up before now. I've been so preoccupied waiting around for our agent to call and tell us the house closed that I can't do anything. It's driving me CRAZY. It all started last Friday when we were told there was a technical glitch with the closing of our house but our agent was still confident we'd close on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Me, the worry-wort that I am, called the moving company to see if we had options to move the delivery of our stuff (scheduled for Wed, Feb 1). Unfortunately since they needed 3-4 driving days, the truck was leaving Sunday and had already been loaded with our stuff. It is going to California after it leaves our house so there was a potential option of the truck driving to California before it made our delivery. Either way, everything was (and is) out of our hands.

We had a nice weekend despite the house issues. Saturday we got up and drove to Sedona and it's absolutely beautiful. We stopped by the Chamber of Commerce to get trail maps and a year long parking pass (if anyone comes visit, we can go again). We decided to hike the Devil's Bridge trail. We parked right off the road because the access road to the trail head parking lot was not intended for passenger vehicles and we had the Civic. Good choice; I don't think we would have made it. So we walked a mile or so to the trail. The we started heading up. The trail is only .7 miles but it took us a while. I don't know if it is because we're out of shape, the elevation, all the stops or what but it seemed to take forever. Either way, we finally made it to the top, crossed the bridge, went around the other side to see if from both angles and then headed back down (although Mark and Bentley wandered off to walk under the bridge...and through a crevice).

First stop on the way up the trail
Us with the Red Rocks in the background

Devil's Bridge

Devil's Bridge: a better representation of the color

Mark decided to take the quick way down (J/K, he jumped onto a ledge)

A view of the bridge




Mark carrying Bentley down the crevice they climbed up and through


We did go further on the trail than the .7 miles, walking past the bridge to see it from different views so by the time we got back down, we decided we needed to call it a day. Plus, we thought Bentley had enough of Mark's antics. She wants so bad to follow him anywhere when we're hiking but then get in situations like the crevice and isn't so sure anymore. Anyway, we got back in the car for the 1 - 1 1/2 hour drive back to Phoenix.

On Sunday, we went to Mark's soccer game again - at 2pm this week. It was HOT. Okay, not really, but it was 75 and beautiful and I was wearing jeans. Should have put on shorts. I think next time I'll also remember the sunscreen just to be safe. Supposedly it was unseasonably warm but I think I'm in for a tough summer. The game wasn't that great - they lost pretty bad and Mark's team seems to argue with each other a lot and the captains don't really know what they're doing although they think they do. He finally convinced them to let him play midfield and he's hopeful they'll let him again next week...as long as his ankle is better! He isn't sure what happened but it was bothering him and we realized last night that it is black and blue and swollen. 

Soaking up the sun

Rolling around in the grass

This dead grass was quite static-y

Cooling off in the shade

Sunday night we loaded a lot of our stuff in the back of the Infiniti since we were supposed to close on Monday. And all day yesterday...NOTHING.  All day today...NOTHING. Apparently we're in the queue for the escrow closing to be reviewed by the selling bank but they appear to not care that our closing date was on Monday. Apparently the moving company can't go to California first because they are going to Northern California. We had them look at options to store it here and then bring it to us when we close but that involves another moving company and would cost us something like $7k. Um no. I proposed to our agent a request to the seller (who has already moved out) to let us "rent" the house from them until the closing goes through. Seeing as he is quite particular about everything, she asked for storage in the garage. Thankfully, I guess, he is allowing us to store our stuff in the garage for free but we loose the benefit of the movers taking all our stuff to the floor/room it belongs on. I guess it's better than nothing and I should be thankful. 

I'll still keep my fingers crossed that closing will come through before 10am tomorrow morning when the truck should be here and all this worrying will be for nothing but I'm not hopeful at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment