Well we've almost been here a week and everything has been going good so far. Mark's gone to work every day and I've hung out with the dog and run around town a bit.
Monday I went to the gym and hung out with Bentley most of the day. Mark got home from work at 3:30 so we went to a shopping center nearby - Desert Ridge. There was a HomeGoods, Pier 1, Joanns, Target, grilling store, etc.
Tuesday I didn't do much besides run out to the gym to run because the maintenance people were supposed to come by and fix the toilet and some lights but they never came. I did however get a call back from a job I had applied for at a bank for a Marketing Promotions Specialist. We scheduled an interview for Wednesday at 2:30. Tuesday night we went to Lowes and they had a stainless steel wall oven more than half off. To make it even better, they had one in the back in a box so we bought it and now I have 2 of 5 appliances in stainless steel (not including the sink)!
![]() |
| Floor model of our new oven |
Wednesday I got up and hung around the apartment. The maintenance guy came at 10:45 then I had lunch with Robin Mitchell, the sister of my "Aunt Pam" as some of you may have heard me call her. She's lived here for quite a while and wanted to get together and show me around and give me some pointers. Unfortunately we didn't have time for much more than lunch because I needed to get to my interview. I found my way to SunWest FCU quicker than I thought and was there 30 minutes early. The interview went well and I was out of there a little before 4. I took Bentley for a short walk out behind the apartment and saw these old paw prints and got a little nervous being by myself so I don't think I'll go too far out back by myself anymore!
![]() |
| Paw Prints in the dried mud |
Mark was to play basketball with his boss and some co-workers but didn't take clothes with him so he came back to the apartment after work to change and Bentley and I decided to go with him. While they played, Bentley and I wandered all over the park.
Yesterday after watching some TV in the morning, I decided to map out a couple places I wanted to go - an interior fabric store and a few consignment furniture stores. I was looking for curtain/valance fabrics for the den/kitchen and our bedroom (although I can't pick anything for the bedroom until we have our bedding out of storage). These are some of the swatches I liked best - and no, Mark hasn't agreed to any of them :) Any opinions?
![]() |
| Bedroom Valance option 1 - with ivory drapes (two-tone brown walls) |
![]() |
| Bedroom Valance option 2- with ivory drapes (maybe blue walls with a brown stripe) |
![]() |
| Den/Kitchen Valances Option 1 (I want the walls green I think) |
![]() |
| Den/Kitchen Valances Option 2 (still green walls) |
I didn't find anything specific at the consignment shops but I was just scooping them out because Mark was a little jealous...maybe we'll go back this weekend. Apparently we're really near "consignment alley" as one of the ladies told me so we could find some good stuff :)
So for the exciting news. I got a call back from the HR department at SunWest FCU this morning and they offered me the job. CRAZY. I've applied for a total of 6 jobs and had 1 interview and got an offer. The only hold up for me is the vacation time...and maybe dress code a bit. You don't technically get vacation until you've been there for a year but they said I could have unpaid time off as long as it works for my boss (who seems like he'd be pretty flexible). So, I'm going to give it some thought over the weekend and figure out some general times I'd need off from work before I accept it. The only other thing is the dress code is a little more business-y than my last job so I might need some dressier tops (I may have enough pants to cover it for a while) but no cords or cotton tees :(
Well, I'm off to the gym and to do a bit of grocery shopping. Tomorrow I think we're going to head to Sedona to see the red rocks so I'm sure to have some pretty pictures to share after the weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment